The many merchants and restaurants in the Washington Harbor District
invite you to join them!
There is an exciting array of unique shops downtown, we invite you to discover them.
Come shop in one of our many shops, stay for dinner in one of our great restaurants
and take a stroll along the Pamlico river.
Visit the Harbor District...Southern hospitality abounds!
It's likely you'll enjoy what we don't have; the crowds, the traffic & the sameness.
DIRECTORY OF HARBOR DISTRICT BUSINESSES
10 Reasons to Visit Washington, N.C.
1. North Carolina Estuarium, where the river meets the sea
2. Festival Park, with 2 outdoor pavilions, benches and swings, children’s playground all facing the Pamlico River, along with a 1.5 mile boardwalk, over water, through a bird and wildlife sanctuary.
3. The Sloop Jeanie B, offering sailboat rides and the Belle of Washington,
offering dinner cruises.
4. Pamlico Lighthouse replica that houses boater’s showers, public restrooms and the Dock Master Station.
5. Havens Gardens, where you can rent bicycles and kayaks, or visit a Tiki Bar and restaurant
6. Shopping! 6 antique stores, 3 bookstores, wine shop, jewelry stores, clothing boutiques, a boutique & antique emporium (pet friendly!), Artisans Center and bakery
7. Five Art galleries, the historic Turnage theatre and Beaufort County Arts council
8. 2 historic B & B’s and 4 hotels, some pet friendly
9. Eleven downtown eateries, including an old fashioned ice cream shop.
10. Off leash dog park and several children’s playgrounds
Still looking for reasons to visit Washington?
Well here some more:
We have at least 5 major festivals each year.
Once a month Music In The Streets, May through October
Once a month Art Walk
Live music, North Carolina style, every Thursday evening and Saturday morning
One of the largest historic districts in North Carolina
And most importantly, a friendly, welcoming community
Go to the Facebook page to find out details about each event.
NC NOW - Washington, NC Boosts its Economic Profile
Watch Tuesday, July 16, 2013 on PBS. See more from NC Now.
We would like to thank our corporate sponsors.
Please consider using their services in the future.
Special thanks goes to the City of Washington, that understands the importance of economic development and actively supports our efforts; both financially and operationally.